Sourdough Bread Making Kit
Bake your own beautifully golden-brown bread from scratch! From making and maintaining your own sourdough starter to shaping and baking your own loaf from scratch, each kit contains all the specialty baking equipment you need to make your own thick-crusted, tangy (and highly sharable) sourdough.
Each sourdough bread making kit contains:
- Banneton - fundamental to sourdough baking, a traditional bamboo proofing basket helps your bread achieve its distinct structure and classic sourdough boule shape.
- Banneton Cover - an unbleached natural fiber cloth cover fits snugly over your banneton and provides the ideal bedding for your sourdough loaf as it proofs before heading into the oven.
- Flexible Scraper - indispensable for scraping wet dough from the sides of a mixing bowl.
- Bread Lame - Slice lines across the top of your formed loaf to create gorgeous patterns in your crust and allow steam to escape while baking. Features a sturdy wooden handle and replacement blades.
- Bench Scraper - a professional-grade tool that is crucial in helping you lift, move, divide and shape your loaves.
Needed but not included: active sourdough starter, white bread flour, salt.
FarmSteady designs and produces kits and other products meant to inspire folks to make something incredible in their own homes. They're a small team of DIY-minded and creative food-lovers with a passion for product design and education located in Brooklyn, New York.